April 22, 2014

Too many thoughts to think....

...which is why this week's post is short and sweet.   There are just too many things swirling around in my mind to write a coherent, focused post.  Nothing major is going on--just thousands of little things.  Add to that a long holiday weekend that jarred our (okay, my) sense of routine and being weeks behind in grading middle school assignments....well, it's a wonder I can stop to write anything at all this week.  In random order, here's what is running through my mind at any given moment:

  • Liam has one month left of preschool.  One month, that's it.  Forever.
  • Henry hasn't had a growth spurt for a while--is he eating enough?
  • Summer is around the corner, have I signed up for enough activities?  Too many?
  • Why is the buzzer on the dryer so loud?  It's going to wake up the boys.
  • Why didn't I make last week's test multiple choice?  157 short-answer papers to grade.  Might as well be a million.
  • Who made a generous, yet anonymous gift to our family?
  • Will I ever finish that scarf I'm knitting?  Why did I even start it?
  • Should I go back to school?  Again?  Will I have job security if I don't?
  • If I do go back to graduate school, I've narrowed my choices down to two programs.  Now what?  Meanwhile, deadlines pass.
  • Why would I consider going back to school if I don't even have time to finish knitting the scarf I started in December?
  • Henry took a bad fall at school today.  All his bandages will need to be changed in morning.  How will I do this and still get us out the door on time?
  • Should I remind Liam that he has Show and Tell?  Will doing so delay us even more in the morning?
  • Did I buy too much today at the Target 'store closing' sale?  Too little?
  • Why would a Target store close?  What is this world coming to?

I haven't the answer to these or any other questions.  Truthfully, I'd rather just look at my new favorites on Instagram and call it a day.







5 comments:

  1. It all sounds so hectic and over-whelming; and then those pictures would remind me that it is all worth it. Big Hugs Lara. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.. those never ending thoughts running through your head. They are enough to drive you crazy!!

    Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. Now I feel overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I don't sleep well because all of that kind of shit runs through my head like it does yours. I can't shut my brain down at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Lots of stuff... Love the pics.. You are such a amazing MOm! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete